For admission to K4, the applicant must be four (4) years old on or before August 31 of the year in which the application is made. For admission to Kindergarten, the applicant must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the year in which application is made. Age, however, is not the only prerequisite for enrollment to K4 and K5 programs. A student will be admitted only after evaluation and observation has indicated an appropriate level of readiness.
Immunizations must be up-to-date according to North Carolina law. A physician, health clinic or local health department administering required vaccines must give a Certificate of Immunization to the person who presented the child for immunization. Immunization requirements can be found at the following website: http://immunize.nc.gov/schools/k-12.htm.
The certificate/record must include the following information:
- Name, sex, and date of birth;
- Name and address of parent or guardian;
- Name and Number of vaccine doses given;
- Date vaccines were given (month and year is acceptable for out-of-state transfer students); and
- Signature of physician or health department stamp.
ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW REQUIREMENT
The Administrative Staff or other representative will then interview the applicant(s) and the parents for Lower School and Upper School admissions
The following documentation will be required as part of the admissions file:
- Online Application
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card
- Immunization records
- Health Assessment Physical form
- Standardized testing scores
- Current Report card
- Pastor and Teacher Recommendation forms
- Record Request form
- Gramercy Placement Testing records
- Gramercy Administration/Board Interview records
For a complete description of the Admissions requirement please refer to our student handbook.