Meet Nurse Kristie!
I have had the privilege of meeting many of you; but, if not, my name is Kristie Allen! I am married to Lee and we have 2 boys who attend Gramercy. Cooper is in 9th grade and Caden is in 1st. We have been a part of the GCS family for 3 years now and are so blessed to be a part of such an amazing school! I have been a Registered Nurse for 19 years working at Chatham Hospital, UNC Hospital, and ECIM outpatient clinic in Pollocksville. I have also taught Nursing at Craven Community College. I work in the GCS office fulltime, as both the office administrator and our school nurse.
We will be including a Nurse’s Corner note in each month of our GCS Newspot. We will be highlighting different health topics that pertain to school-aged children. Please know that when we highlight a topic, it DOES NOT mean we are having a current issue at Gramercy. It is purely for informational purposes. If we do have an outbreak or something to report specifically happening at Gramercy, administration will notify parents through the normal communication channels.
This month, I would like to remind everyone of our policy regarding when your student is too sick to come to school.
STAY HOME WHEN: I CAN RETURN TO SCHOOL WHEN:
- Temperature of 100.5 or higherFever free for 24 hours without medication
- Vomiting within the last 24 hours Free from vomiting for at least 2 solid meals
- Diarrhea within the last 24 hours Free from diarrhea for at least 24 hours
- Body rash with itching or fever Free from rash, itching, and fever
- Active head lice Lice treatment at home (nurse check upon return)
- Eye infection Evaluated by doctor and have a note to return to school
- Hospital stay and/or ER visit Released by medical provider to return to school
If you have questions, please contact me.
Kristie Allen 252-223-5199 email@example.com